ABC Level 1 Award / Certificate / Diploma in Motor vehicle Studies (QCF)
The ABC motor vehicle studies award is a 12 credit programme which offers a ‘taster’ qualification in working within a garage environment. Learners will develop their personal qualities and work skills that are required when working in the automotive industry. The course comprises of one mandatory unit: Health and safety for motor vehicle studies and two units to choose from include:
- Introduction to engine liquid, cooling and engine lubrication systems
- Introduction to battery and lighting systems
- Introduction to vehicle braking systems
- Introduction to vehicle inspection
- Introduction to vehicle exhaust systems
- Introduction to vehicle ignition systems
- Introduction to customer care
- Introduction to vehicle valeting
Note: In addition to the above you will also have the opportunity to gain functional skills in ICT, English and Maths
The start dates for this programme are flexible, with completion usually achieved within one to two years.
Progression: On successful completion of the Award, learners can progress on to the Level 1 Certificate and then the diploma.