History of QAC
QAC can trace its history back to 1847 when the General Institution for the Blind was founded by Mary Badger and Elizabeth Harrold.
The first pupil was a small boy named John Dale, aged ten, the son of a tobacco-pipe maker living near Holloway Head, who lost his sight through smallpox.
What the students say
QAC is a fantastic place to learn. I have achieved so much since I came here and am proud to be a student ambassador for 2013.
Suraj - 19 years old
- Information Day for Professionals - Thursday 6th October 2016
- 'Supporting Sex & Relationships in a Specialist Setting' Training Course - 12th October 2016
- Open Day for Potential Students/Families - Tuesday 18th October 2016
- Half Term: Monday 24th October - Friday 28th October 2016
- Open Day for Potential Students/Families - Wednesday 16th November 2016