skip to main content

History of QAC

Initial Drawing of QAC Site

QAC can trace its history back to 1847 when the General Institution for the Blind was founded by Mary Badger and Elizabeth Harrold.

The first pupil was a small boy named John Dale, aged ten, the son of a tobacco-pipe maker living near Holloway Head, who lost his sight through smallpox.

Follw QAC on Facebook Follow QAC on Twitter Follow QAC on LinkedIn Visit the QAC YouTube channel