Entry Level 3 / Level 1 LASER Learning, Employability and Progression (LEAP) Motor Vehicle Studies
• You should enjoy practical work
• You must have an interest in motor vehicles
• Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers
• You should be willing to work as part of a team
These awards offer a ‘taster’ qualification in working within a garage environment. You will develop the personal qualities and work skills that are required when working in the automotive industry, including:
● Working safely
● Introduction to engine liquid, cooling and engine lubrication systems
● Introduction to battery and lighting systems
● Introduction to vehicle braking systems
● Introduction to vehicle inspection
● Introduction to vehicle exhaust systems
● Introduction to vehicle ignition systems
● Introduction to customer care
● Introduction to vehicle valeting
In addition to the above you will also have the opportunity to gain functional skills in ICT, English and Maths.
The start dates for this programme are flexible, with completion usually achieved within one to two years.
On successful completion of the qualification you can progress to the next level.
Downloads related to this article:
What the students say
The College environment is very inclusive and extremely welcoming – it almost feels like a second home to me.
Kaseem - 18
Information Technology Student