The Albion Foundation Powerchair Football and Further Education Elite Programme
The programme will be based around Powerchair Football and offered to students who use a power or manual wheelchair and are eligible under the Federation of International Powerchair Football Association (FIPFA) classification criteria.
The Albion Foundation will work in partnership with Queen Alexandra College (QAC). The programme will give the students the opportunity to develop as a powerchair football player and to provide a player pathway from playing in regional, national and international competition.
You will train for 12 hours per week which is the recommended time to become an elite performer. Key partners will deliver the specific sporting qualifications to students. QAC will be responsible for teaching the theory of the course in sports leadership, independence, employment and functional skills.
QAC will ensure the highest quality of achievement is maintained to maximise future success and progress for all students on the course.
Why study with QAC and The Albion Foundation?
- Be part of a unique ground breaking elite sport performance programme
- Be coached by experienced and qualified Football Association and Powerchair football coaches
- Be part of a coaching pathway from Regional to National to International
- Achieve nationally accredited qualifications at Levels 1 to 3
- A coaching pathway from volunteer through to potential paid work as a coach
- Have access to specialist support services such as physiotherapy, mentoring and travel training
- Achieve qualifications in Coaching Disabled Footballers, FA Football Level 1, Football Level 2, Sports Leaders FA Youth Module 1 and Powerchair Football Qualification
- Participate in generic disability sports workshops
- Become a volunteer at local football clubs, schools, councils and other disability sports organisations as part of the work experience aspect of the programme
If you would like to be part of this unique, ground breaking elite sport performance programme please contact Beverley Jessop at Queen Alexandra College on 0121 428 5050 for more information about the academic elements and funding process (an Education, Health & Care plan may be needed through your Local Authority).
For more information about the elite sport element of the course please contact Paul Hunt at The Albion Foundation on 07984 610 283 or email email@example.com
Downloads related to this article:
What the students say
I chose to come to QAC because I felt really comfortable with the place when I visited.
Cameron - 22 years old