Work Choice Programme
QAC also delivers Work Choice on behalf of Advance Ltd. Our experienced Employment Advisers will provide intensive work entry support in a friendly and well equipped environment.
Due to the various disabilities clients at QAC have, it is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach. Clients will join the programme following a detailed initial assessment and individualised development plans will be created with key targets being set and progress against these recorded.
Work Entry support could include:
- Tailored strategies for job searching including digital job hunting
- A review of current barriers and steps on overcoming them
- Careers guidance
- Better off in work calculation and advice on in work benefits
- Sign posting to other agencies to access specialist medical support
- Mock interviews with detailed feedback
- Creating CVs in different formats and additional information sections of application forms
- Support to access local training to improve employability prospects
- Access to Work Skills packs for personal development
We will deliver tailored In Work Support to both clients and employers in order to enable clients to sustain jobs independently.
In Work Support could include:
- Route planning and advice about personal presentation
- Meeting with the employer to raise their awareness about disability and support needs
- Educating an employer about access to work and how to provide reasonable adjustments
- Job coaching
- Arranging a work buddy
- Support with planning to ensure family commitments and medical appointments are accommodated and agreed with the employer
What the students say
The College environment is very inclusive and extremely welcoming – it almost feels like a second home to me.
Kaseem - 18
Information Technology Student