Student Bursary Awards
Queen Alexandra College has a small allocation of bursary money that can be used to support any learner experiencing financial hardship. Our aim is to support learners who might otherwise be financially disadvantaged from accessing their learning at QAC. Bursary money can be allocated as either payment ‘in kind’ towards transport costs and/or learning materials or, as a termly payment made direct to the student via cheque. Most of the Bursary allocation goes towards supporting increasing transport costs for students and families.
There are specific criteria to meet to be eligible for a bursary award. Please consider the information below carefully before deciding whether to apply.
The 16 - 24 Bursary
A learner MUST be 16 or over on the 31stAugust in the year that they commenced learning at QAC and under the age of either 19 or 24.
Enhanced award – this is only available if a young person meets any of the following government set criteria:
- Is a young person aged 16-17 who is in Local Authority care or foster parents
- Is a state care leaver aged 16, 17 or 18 years
- Is a learner in receipt of income support (in their own name)
- Is a disabled young person aged 16-18 who is in receipt of Employment Support Allowance (ESA) AND Disability Living Allowance (LSA)
- This is for any learner aged 16 - 24 who does not meet the ‘Enhanced Award’ criteria but who does come from a lower household income bracket proven to be less than £25,000 per year (full evidence is required to be submitted as proof)
If you believe you might be eligible for one of these bursaries, you need to complete an application form as soon as possible and send it into QAC for the attention of Ms Heidi Wood, Admissions Officer at the QAC address or email email@example.com
If you have specific questions or concerns regarding the Bursary or completing the forms, please contact Heidi Wood in the first instance on 0121 428 5050. You can also request an application form this way if you prefer and it will be posted.
All applications and full supporting evidence must be submitted to QAC by midday on Friday 7th October 2016. Please note this is a strict deadline and extensions will not be given.
Downloads related to this article:
What the students say
The College environment is very inclusive and extremely welcoming – it almost feels like a second home to me.
Kaseem - 18
Information Technology Student