QAC organises a number of exhibitions to showcase the latest technology. We currently run Sight Village and Autism Central.
QAC Sight Village
This is an unmissable event for people who are blind or partially-sighted, for professionals supporting and advising VIPs and for all businesses and other organisations wishing better to meet the needs of their vision impaired customers.
QAC Sight Village has been described as “the premier exhibition for blind and partially-sighted people in the UK” and as ”the country’s leading expo of access tech solutions”. Each July thousands of visitors travel to Birmingham to find out at first hand the latest technology, products and support services available to people who are blind or partially-sighted. Our exhibitors are commercial companies and voluntary organisations from throughout the world. In addition to the main show in Birmingham, we host a number of roadshow events in cities such as London, Leeds, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh. Admission is FREE
Autism Central is an exhibition of products and services for people on the Autistic Spectrum and their families. We also welcome a large number of professionals to the event which is held in October each year. Admission to the event is FREE and there is an extensive programme of workshops and seminars throughout the day.
What the students say
My first year at QAC was just fantastic. I have made so many friends and had so many new experiences already.
Tom - 18 years old
Preparation for Life Student
- 'Team QAC' successfully complete the Great Birmingham 10k Run
- QAC Students deliver presentation at the Natspec Annual Conference 2016
- Umberslade Nurseries Spring/Summer 2016 Newsletter
- Staff at Macdonald Burlington Hotel to run 10k blindfolded in support of QAC!
- Sport Students finish strong at North Midlands Regional Inclusive Zone Basketball Competition
- Half Term: Monday 30th May - Friday 3rd June 2016
- Information Day for Professionals - Tuesday 7th June 2016
- QAC Summer Fete - Saturday 11th June 2016
- Open Day for Potential Students/Families - Tuesday 14th June 2016
- 'Supporting Sex & Relationships in a Specialist Setting' One Day Training Course - 15th June 2016