Queen Alexandra College (QAC) is a Specialist College based in Birmingham. We welcome students who come to our College from all over the country – as well as many who are local to us.
The College has been at its current location since 1903. Our original purpose was to provide education for young people who were blind or visually impaired. Today, in addition to supporting people who have a visual impairment, we now offer support and guidance for students on the Autistic Spectrum (including individuals with Asperger’s syndrome), those with moderate to severe learning difficulties, students with physical disabilities and those with other needs. Ultimately, we have a great mix of students which adds to the wonderful atmosphere here in College.
There are over 190 students studying here at QAC but you will be pleased to know that class sizes are small and support levels are high.
What the students say
I made lots of friends here at QAC who I will keep in touch with for a long time. I really enjoyed the mobility sessions as they helped me develop my independance.
Aneeba - 22
Information Technology Student
- Family Fun Day at the King's Head Birmingham - Sunday 2nd July 2016
- Friday 8th July 2016: Last Day of Term - Friends and Families Day
- Umberslade Nurseries Summer Fayre - Sunday 17th July 2016
- QAC Skydive Charity Fundraiser - Sunday 11th September 2016
- 'Supporting Sex & Relationships in a Specialist Setting' Training Course - 13th September 2016