Queen Alexandra College (QAC) is a Specialist College based in Birmingham. We welcome students who come to our College from all over the country – as well as many who are local to us.
The College has been at its current location since 1903. Our original purpose was to provide education for young people who were blind or visually impaired. Today, in addition to supporting people who have a visual impairment, we now offer support and guidance for students on the Autistic Spectrum (including individuals with Asperger’s syndrome), those with moderate to severe learning difficulties, students with physical disabilities and those with other needs. Ultimately, we have a great mix of students which adds to the wonderful atmosphere here in College.
There are over 190 students studying here at QAC but you will be pleased to know that class sizes are small and support levels are high.
What the students say
I like everything about QAC, it is a really nice place to be and everyone is always friendly – especially the staff!
Vicki - 19
Preparation for Life Student
- Start of the Summer Term - Monday 24th April 2017
- Supporting Sex & Relationships in a Specialist Setting training course - Wednesday 26th April 2017
- "Learning Disabilities, Sex and the Law" PSHE Training Course - Wednesday 3rd May 2017
- Information Day for Professionals - Thursday 4th May 2017
- Open Day for Potential Students/Families - Tuesday 9th May 2017