Queen Alexandra College (QAC) is a Specialist College based in Birmingham. We welcome students who come to our College from all over the country – as well as many who are local to us.
The College has been at its current location since 1903. Our original purpose was to provide education for young people who were blind or visually impaired. Today, in addition to supporting people who have a visual impairment, we now offer support and guidance for students on the Autistic Spectrum (including individuals with Asperger’s syndrome), those with moderate to severe learning difficulties, students with physical disabilities and those with other needs. Ultimately, we have a great mix of students which adds to the wonderful atmosphere here in College.
There are over 190 students studying here at QAC but you will be pleased to know that class sizes are small and support levels are high.
What the students say
Being a residential student has really helped me to become more independent – I do my own washing and I can cook with a bit of help from staff.
Amy - 18
Powerchair Football and Further Education Elite Programme Student
- Open Day for Potential Students/Families - Tuesday 24th January 2017
- Open Day for Potential Students/Families - Tuesday 14th February 2017
- Supporting Sex & Relationships in a Specialist Setting training course- Wednesday 15th February 2017
- Half Term: Monday 20th February - Friday 24th February 2017
- Open Day for Potential Students/Families - Thursday 9th March 2017