The Healthcare team consists of a nurse manager, two nurses, a healthcare assistant and a part-time physiotherapist.
Our nurses and healthcare assistant have a range of skills and experience in learning disability and general nursing. We provide a confidential and person centred service that addresses the holistic needs of each student.
We also work with residential staff to ensure the health needs of the students are met within our residential accommodation.
The services we offer include:
- On entry assessments and reports
- Administration of medication
- Liaison with other health professionals
- A ‘drop in’ service for advice and treatment of minor ailments
- Three sick bays
- Protocols and plans for specific health needs.
Our healthcare centre is situated at the rear of the college campus.